Sunday, November 16, 2014

Toddlerhood

Boden yelled "mama!" from his crib the other morning and my heart melted a little bit. He's a warm, snuggly ball in the morning and I'm thankful that I get to pluck him from his crib each day. He's almost 19 months old and he sleeps from 7pm-6:30am. He has two favorite things that he sleeps with: a muslin blanket and a zebra lovie little blanket. He calls them both bae, so funny. I love that he's attached to something...it's adorable.

B still naps a couple times a day, though he's starting to fight his afternoon snooze lately. Our routine is constantly in flux and sometimes his naps depend on what our plans are for the day. He's flexible and goes with the flow. He's also talking up a storm and starting to put words together. He says "good boy" to Kale and it's amazing. My most favorite thing, ever, is that he says "love you". Oh mah gawwwd! I've waited so long for him to say it back and it was worth the wait. It comes out sounding like "la lou" and trust me, it's magical.

He climbs stairs like a champ, can say "more" and "thank you" in sign language, says please (peas!) before everything, loves it when Kale licks his face, enjoys trucks, loves music and dancing, can run like a track star, scribbles with crayons, can identify a few colors, pretends to swim in the tubby, and calls fire tucks "wee-news". He also hits, bites, throws, yells, scratches, and throws hissy fits on the ground. I think it's safe to say that we are officially in toddlerhood. I'm glad you're along for the ride.

 

 

-Nicole

 

No comments:

Post a Comment