Saturday, September 6, 2014

Summer 2014 recap (part deux)

The week after returning from our quick trip to Acadia, Casey, Boden and I headed to New Hampshire. This was a weekend trip of camping and fun with two of our favorite little families: the Hodgkins & the Craneys. All together there were six adults and five kiddos. (Kale stayed behind with the in-laws and was spoiled all weekend with walks on the beach, cuddles on the couch and as many Milk-Bones as he could squeeze out of them.) We headed to Glen Ellis Campground in Glen, NH. This was a different camping experience for us as we had never camped at a place with so many amenities. We had a fantastic time and were exhausted at the end of each day. The kids went a mile a minute and never stopped! We are hoping this was the first of our annual Leopin/Craney/Hodgkin camping weekend adventure.







The following weekend we went down to my in-law's house (Mamie & Grandpa) and went for a wonderful boat ride. Kale has always loved the boat and Boden had been once when he was an infant. He had a blast!! Casey's never been one for jumping in to the ocean or anywhere with an "unknown bottom" but I couldn't pass up the 67 degree salty sweetness. Boden was a huge fan of it all and it was a afternoon of salt, sun and laughter.





A few weeks later, we were off to Greenville, ME to stay for three nights at Lily Bay State Park. Casey, Kale and I had stayed here once before when Boden was just a few weeks old in my belly and unbeknownst to us. This time around, we had a beautiful site that I had reserved six months prior. It was right on Moosehead Lake so we could swim and play in the water less than 20 feet from our tent! It was perfect and so nice to spend a long weekend away with the people I love most. We swam, ate, and swam some more. We went for long drives on abandoned logging roads so B could get some good long naps and we could fill up the jeep with firewood. We pulled Boden around the dirt campground road in his little red wagon. We fed the ducks and chased bubbles. We sat around the campfire and snuggled in the tent reading books and jumping on the air mattress. We saw a moose, geese, ducks, deer, woodpeckers and lots of chipmunks that B practically fed out of his hand. We laughed so hard and had so much fun. Boden is quite the outdoorsman and it practically melts my heart to see him enjoying all the things that I enjoyed growing up.












I thought I could squeeze our summer fun into two posts but unless this post goes on forever, it's not going to happen. It's been so fun reminiscing about all of our getaways and I have a few more to share in the third installment. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do. Thanks for reading!

-Nicole


No comments:

Post a Comment