Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Welcome!

Hi all! I've been thinking of ways to share photos, stories and milestones with everyone in a central location that everyone could access. My final thought was to create this blog, so here it is. I hope you all check back to stay up to date on what's happening in our little Leopin slice of life.

I've been at home with Boden now for exactly one year. (Holy mack!) The way that time flies with a child is something that can only be understood if experienced. It's literally blown my socks off. Like, I literally cannot find any socks...for any of us. Our laundry piles are sky high. The dish washer sometimes gets emptied only after sitting, clean, for a day. And I've actually gone three days without showering in this last year. Only once, I promise.

This last year has been the best year of my life but also, hands down, the hardest. I've laughed harder, smiled more and cried more, than I ever have in a 365 day span. Being a mom is something I've always wanted and I never could have imagined it to be as rewarding and exciting as it's been. Diaper changes, tubby time, building things, dance parties, cah rides (not a typo), snuggles, kisses, hugs, laughing fits, tickle fights, swimming, swinging, sliding...I could go on and on with our activities. It's my full time job and I'm so, so, SO lucky.

 Boden is the coolest 17 month old dude ever! He has an appetite for exploring anything and everything and of course for eating. (He's a bottomless pit and will plow back pretty much anything.) He's gone from a teeny, tiny helpless infant to a fast talking, fish face making, independent toddler. Too quickly!  He's now about 25 pounds, starting to run and climbing on everything. He eats by himself for the most part, usually with a fork or spoon. He is straight up obsessed with cars and blurts out "CAH!" at any opportunity that he gets. We saw a moose while visiting Moosehead Lake over the summer. He laid eyes on the moose and squealed "CAH!" Sure honey...it's a car if you want it to be. He's  changing before our very eyes and I'm so excited to see what's next.

I'm going to use this blog to post photos, stories and tidbits of our adventures together as a family. Kale and Casey will most definitely be present as well as they complete our clan. I hope you enjoy reading and I can promise you this will be very photo heavy as I'm a little addicted to snapping photos of my handsome brood.

Enjoy!
Nicole



1 comment: